BOSSHARDT TITLE’S CLOSING PROCEDURE
During this period of coronavirus (COVID-19), we are committed to doing our part in the real estate community to ensure the health and safety of all professionals, parties, and our office staff involved in the real estate transaction process.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
We are not aware that any of our staff has coronavirus or has had knowledgeable exposure to the virus. We monitor our staff closely and will require sick staff members to stay home. When possible, our staff is also working from home. We practice appropriate social distancing and safe hygiene, including the daily sanitiazation of conference rooms and work stations. We have sinks readily available with soap and encourage patrons to wash their hands before and after their signing appointments. In addition, in accordance with local ordinance, our staff is wearing face-masks when dealing with the public.
In addition to limited interpersonal contact, we are requiring that all funds for closing, including any earnest money deposits be wired. We will securely send instructions to the sending party and send confirmation of receipt. Our wire instructions will never change. Note, you are required to verbally verify wire instructions with our staff.
We have changed our phone system to be automated while some of our staff is working remotely. When calling our office (352-240-9105) the phone directory is as follows:
- Option 1. Tracey Ozer: Office hours (8:30 AM-4:30 PM). Title Questions; New File; Payoffs, Third Party Authorizations; Schedule Closings. Confirm Wire Instructions.
- Option 2. Carolina Valencia: Office hours (8:00 AM-4:00 PM). CD, Settlement Statement, Final Cash to Close, Confirm Wire Instructions.
- Option 3. Kelly Mena-Tamayo, Esq.: Office hours (9:00 AM – 5:00 PM). Closing documents, Remote online notarization, Confirm Wire Instructions.
- Option 5. Kimberly Bosshardt, Esq.: Office hours ((9:00 AM – 5:00 PM). All other matters, Title problems, Confirm Wire Instructions.
- Option 0: Carlos Valencia: Office hours (Monday-Thursday 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM ; Friday 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM). Schedule Closings, Confirm Wire Instructions.
FOR SELLERS & BUYERS:
We are arranging for all buyers and sellers to sign separately. In addition, on documents that may be electronically signed and where buyers and sellers have individual email addresses, we will send those documents for electronic signature separately in advance. Only essential people should attend the closing (e.g. the actual party signing the documents). This means real estate agents, lender representatives, and family members (parents, children, etc.) should not attend closing (see below regarding virtual attendance options).
We have the following options regarding transactions that require notarizations:
- Remote Online Notarization for Sellers. For sellers with reliable internet access and a webcam with audio/visual capabilities, we offer Remote Online Notarization services that will allow sellers to execute closing documents from their home or office. There is a nominal cost to perform a Remote Online Notarization, whereby each notarized stamp per document costs $25.00. A seller packet usually has about 4-6 notary required documents. This option may be allowed for buyers with loans if lenders approve this method.Curbside Closings. Weather permitting, we will meet sellers or buyers at their cars for them to sign their closing documents.
- Outdoor Closings. Weather permitting, we will meet sellers or buyers at our shaded outdoor picnic table.
- Indoor Closings. We will meet you inside our office. The conference rooms are sanitized after each signing appointment.
- Mailaway Closings. For buyers or sellers who prefer to execute documents on their own at their home or office, we can send mailaway packets via our secure closing portal, “Qualia”, or send via UPS if time allows. Buyers and sellers would then execute their closing documents with their own notary. We can arrange for a mobile notary as well, which would incur an additional fee that is usually between $100-$250.
FOR SIGNING APPOINTMENTS IN OUR OFFICE, BUYERS OR SELLERS MAY ELECT EITHER:
- No Contact We will go over documents via telephone conference or online meeting (Facetime, Zoom, Google Duo) where non-notarized documents are executed independently and where we will watch the execution of notary documents 6 feet apart.
- Personal Closings. We will go over documents in person with buyers and sellers to execute in person with one of our attorneys or signing agents.
In accordance with local ordinance our staff will be wearing a facemask. You are also encouraged to wear a facemask. We also have disposable gloves for your use in our conference room. As closing documents must be signed in blue ink, you may elect to bring your own blue pen to closing, or use one of our new blue pens that we will ask you to keep and take with you.
In addition to all of the signing options above, buyers and sellers may elect for any of the above closings to be a Virtual Closings where we can add requested parties via a Facetime/Zoom/Google Duo meeting so all important people can virtually attend closing.
**Please let us know immediately if you are ill or if you, someone in your household, or someone you have been in close contact with is known or suspected to have been exposed to coronavirus so we can make signing arrangements outside of our office. Because closings are often time sensitive, the faster and more frequently you are able to communicate with us, the better we will be able to serve you in a timely fashion.
As noted, please limit the persons attending closing with you to essential parties to complete the transaction.
REALTOR AND LENDER COLLEAGUES, FAMILY, & FRIENDS:
We understand this is an exciting and emotional time for all parties involved and we believe you are an integral part of closing for each and every transaction. The limited number of persons at a “live closing,” limits the exposure to all parties involved. We are happy to conference you into the signing appointment to attend a “virtual closing” with an online meeting via Facetime/Zoom/Google Duo meeting or via a telephone conference call. Please have the parties to the transaction arrange this with us in writing prior to their closing.